Until the Covid19 restrictions are lifted and boating advice from Canal & River Trust allows free-cruising of the network there is nothing organised. However, we do have a few ideas.
Watch this space because as soon as possible we are going boating.
2021 – AUTUMN
CHESTER & CALDON
Following interest from several boats / people plans are afoot for this cruise and a dedicated communication group has been formed. This is a last call for any other boats; detailed below is an outline itinerary, as with all 4C’s cruises you can just join for selected parts as suits. Outline itinerary as follows: –
- SHROPSHIRE UNION CANAL: Barbridge / Beeston Castle, via Chester to Ellesmere Port Boat Museum – 27-Aug to 01-Sep;
- MANCHESTER SHIP CANAL: Transfer from Boat Museum to River Weaver – 02-Sep;
- RIVER WEAVER: Devil’s Garden, Northwich & Vale Royal, with transfer up Anderton Boat Lift to Trent & Mersery – 02-Sep to 05-Sep;
- TRENT & MERSERY: Cruise to Etruria and junction to Caldon Canal – 06-Sep to 10-Sep;
- CALDON CANAL: Milton, Hazelhurst Junction, then up the Leek Arm and then the Frogall Arm – 10-Sep to 15-Sep.
Should anybody else be interested please let me know as soon as possible, especially for the MSC.
– More details for cruise participants click here (Password protected).
2022 – SPRING
Delayed from 2020, then again in 2021, it is hoped that we will be able to complete this fantastic cruise of the River Thames. This cruise will be in two parts. First day, departing Limehouse Basin to sail east through the Barrier, then turn with the tide and return to Limehouse. Second day, leave Limehouse and sail west through all the London river landmarks to Teddington Lock. Further details when available.
LITTLE VENICE CAVALCADE
Again, delayed from 2020 & 2021, it is hoped this will now happen of the in the early May Bank Holiday weekend – 30-Apr to 02-May-22. Further details when available.
Also delayed from 2020 and 2021, it is again hoped this will happen of the in the late May Bank Holiday week – 28-May to 03-Jun-22. Further details when available.
2022 – SUMMER
MACCLESFIELD and PEAK FOREST & CALDON CANALS
This was first suggested in 2018, but due to various problems, including ‘The Macc’ having significant water supply issues, it did not happen. Both are wonderful canals and the highlight of the Peak Forest is the industrial archaeological destination of Bugsworth Basin. Further details when available.
2023 – SUMMER
RIVER SEVERN, GLOUCESTER & SHARPNESS, STROUDWATER NAVIGATION
THIS IS THE BIG CRUISE FOR THE 4Cs !!
Being formed to promote the Cotswolds Canal Trust and their efforts for the restoration of the canals from Saul Junction to Lechlade, it has been an aspiration of the 4C’s to cruise ‘The Stroudwater Navigation’ and this is now an achievable goal.
Talking recently between the 4C’s, it is hoped we can moor together by a brewery !!