Agenda for Cotswolds Canal Cruising Club AGM to be held
online 9th/10/11th October 2020
At the committee meeting held on 2nd to 4th/10/2020 the following proposals were discussed and put forward for your approval:
- Accept minutes of the AGM 2019 as being an accurate record.
Proposer: Hilary Whitby, seconder Martin Turner
- Propose that, there being no further nominees, the committee be elected to serve another year. (All committee members have indicted their willingness to do so).
Proposer: Martin Turner, seconder: Jan Bird.
- Approve the Commodore’s Report.
Proposer: Mo Wood, seconder: Martin Turner
- Accept the Treasurers accounts for the year ending April 2020.
Proposer: Richard Whitby, seconder: Mo Wood
- Approve a donation by means of a fundraiser, to Cotswoldsboatmobility. our chosen charity. *
Proposer: Martin Turner, seconder: Mo Wood
*Re item 5: As there has been no income this year, due to suspension of membership fees, we are not able to donate from existing funds. The normal fundraising avenues that we would use to benefit our chosen charity are not currently available. It was suggested we look at direct payments to the charity via a platform such as Just Giving or Virgin money. We would ask members who might normally have attended the social and contributed to a raffle, to instead make a cash donation in lieu.
If it is decided to proceed, we will let you know presently what we have set up.
Mo Wood, Club secretary on behalf of the committee.