340g (12oz) self raising flour
¼ tsp salt
55g (2oz) caster sugar
85g (3 oz) butter or margarine
125ml (1/4pt) milk
60 ml (4 tbsps) Natural yoghurt
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees and lightly grease a baking tray.
- Mix flour salt sugar in a bowl and rub in the butter till it looks like breadcrumbs. Add sultanas etc at this point if required
- Mix milk and yoghurt together , stir into the mixture, work it together lightly until a soft dough is formed.
- Turn onto a floured board and knead slightly to get a smooth surface. Flatten out to an even thickness of about 2 cm (3/4”)
- Using a 5 cm cutter, cut out 12/14 scone and place on baking tray, or a larger cutter for fewer scones.
- Gather the trimmings and reshape to make more.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown, remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire tray.